Paw Prints

• April 2Preview Day is Monday 8/13 7:35-10:10

• March 26First Day of School Wednesday 8/15

Dogs VS Cats

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dogs VS Cats

Austin Guthrie, SMS, Opinion

Dogs are better pets than cats because if you like a more active lifestyle, you would be able to go on walks or go on runs with your dog.  If you do like to be a little lazier then you do active, then you would want a pet cat. You can also play with dogs more than you can cats.  Even though cats do not play more, they still have more benefits. Molly Sevy Said That “Dogs are better at reading emotions, and they know what to do to make you feel better.”  

Cats can have varied personalities so that you could have a very friendly cat, or you could get a very shy cat. Janet Lakey thinks that “ They are fluffy and don’t judge.” Cats can be very nice to you or they could try to kill you.  Some cats will be very cuddly and loving, but some want nothing to do with you. Sometimes, cats get along with other pets, and sometimes they want to be put in a boxing ring with your other pet(s). Ava Hauptman thinks that “(Cats) are cute and dogs are disgusting.” Sometimes, you get a cat who might think your leg is a scratching post, or they may think your brand new couch, is a toy.  

Now, sometimes dogs can be this way too.  Sometimes dogs do go through your whole house, and they try to find anything they could chew, but not supposed to eat, they will still try to devour it.  Sometimes dogs could also think that you would love to be their new chew toy, but you try to run away, and they think you are just trying to make them have more fun.  Dogs will most likely get along with other pets, but every dog’s personality is different.

Cats can be very messy, especially with litter boxes.  Cats also have hairballs, which are disgusting to clean up.  Dogs also get attached to their owner and give them love, but cats just treat you as a slave to their needs.  In conclusion, cats can be good or bad pets, because they will love you some, but will treat you like their slave.  Dogs will love you, want your attention, but they need exercise. So, you can decide whether dogs or cats are the better pets.