Paw Prints

• December 77th and 8th Band Concert @ High School Auditorium 7:30 pm on the 7th of December

• December 77th and 8th Choir Concert @ High School Auditorium 6 pm on the 7th of December

The Best Time of the Year

Alexis Borum, EMS

Do you know what the best time of the year is where you can just hang out with your family all day long? You guessed it……….CHRISTMAS!

On December 25 Jesus was born and that was how Christmas all got started. Christmas used to be only allowed to celebrate after sunset or midnight. The first Christmas was celebrated on December 25th in 336.   

Christmas is that time of year where you can just stay in your pj’s all day and enjoy you Christmas with your family. First of all, you have one and a half weeks off of school! That gives one and a half weeks to watch movies, play in the snow, sleep in, and so many more things.  You can also stay up all night, have a party, eat too much food, and celebrate the new year!

There are so many different Christmas traditions that people do around the world.

Here are some common traditions such as setting up the tree, putting up the stockings, having a big dinner, putting lights on your house, and just getting in the Christmas spirit! There are also places such as your uncle’s, aunts, grandmas, and grandpas. What is your favorite tradition in your family? “ My favorite tradition in my family is going to my uncle’s house on Christmas Eve.” said Delanee.

New Years is that one time where you can challenge yourself to see how long you can stay up for. You can also have parties at your uncle’s, aunts, grandmas, or grandpas. Your family or friends also can make resolutions to set yourself a life goal and try to complete it by the end of the year. Do you make any resolutions? “ I do not make any resolutions but I do set goals for myself.” said Delanee.