Paw Prints

• April 2Preview Day is Monday 8/13 7:35-10:10

• March 26First Day of School Wednesday 8/15

All about Christmas Traditions

Ella Means, EMS

Many people love the holidays! People either travel or visit their family and celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ! Here are some different ways people celebrate.

Who doesn’t like Christmas Eve, right? On Christmas Eve, people are getting ready for the holidays, that are right around the corner. Mothers are racing around trying to make the holidays perfect for their family, and Dads are hanging out with the family. “My favorite Christmas food is cookies,” Said Talia Jones. Some people have families over and some travel. “I stay at my house on Christmas Eve,” Said Micah Matthews. Families usually have special traditions they do every year. Some eat a special meal or some have a game they play, like bingo.

Now, let’s move on to what people do on Christmas Day. Some people either wake up really early or wake up late on Christmas morning. In the morning people usually have special breakfasts, like cinnamon rolls. Next, People open presents and give presents on that special day, the real meaning is not all about presents. The real meaning is about Jesus’ birthday!

Next, many people love to do different traditions on break. “I love the ice skate in my free time.” Said Micah Matthews. Some traditions people enjoy are ice skating or making gingerbread houses. “My favorite Christmas movie is the Polar Express.” said Talia Jones. There are many different kinds Christmas movies out there. Everyone at least likes one movie like, ¨How the Grinch Stole Christmas,¨ or ¨Elf.¨

Finally, New Years Eve is a time to celebrate with friends and family the new year that ready to happen. Some people enjoys staying up all hours of the night, til 3:00am in the morning. I personally like to watch the countdown in New York of the New Year! While my friends and I are watching the ball drop we like to eat food while we watch it.

Lastly, the holidays are a time to enjoy family and friends. The most important part is celebrating the Birthday of Jesus.