Paw Prints

• December 77th and 8th Band Concert @ High School Auditorium 7:30 pm on the 7th of December

• December 77th and 8th Choir Concert @ High School Auditorium 6 pm on the 7th of December

South Wolves vs East Huskies  Volleyball game

Megan Burdge, SMS

The South Wolves Volleyball team played East Huskies on October 10, 2017 . Their first match they lost 14-25. The second match, they lost again to a close score of 19-25, so even though they lost to our rivals, they got to show what they can do.

The best thing about the game was when the teams volleyed back and forth, but mostly when it dropped on their side after a long time, and the Wolves scored. Also seeing old friends play each other and showing how each one of them has improved in each of their skills. Even though they lost, they tried their hardest for the team.

Each game is a little different because there are ups and down for every game. The Wolves volleyball coach, Coach Gunnels, knew it was going to be a tough game.  Coach Gunnels decided to have the girls start to focus on their defense and covering on the court. Also, they practice rolling when the players dove and worked on getting back up quickly to be ready to get the next ball. These drills helped them prepare for this upcoming game.

The skills that they worked on helped a bunch. They did better serving. Lauren Jermain with 9/10 And Christina Malcolm with 4/4  on serving. The team was more aggressive at the net. The team definitely showed improvements not just individually but as a whole team.

South Wolves volleyball team lost but they fought hard. They showed a lot of improvement and had tough practices leading up to that game. Lauren Jermain  said, “It was great to see our old friends and show them what we can do.”   The Wolves worked very hard and next year we will beat East!