Paw Prints

• April 2Preview Day is Monday 8/13 7:35-10:10

• March 26First Day of School Wednesday 8/15

Daily Life of Being a 7th Grader

Sydney Bennett

Being a 7th grader is different from being a 6th grader. When there were different schools for 7th and 6th graders, 6th grade didn’t start school until 8:35 and 7th graders started school at 7:35. 7th graders also get more homework and more stressful classes. A couple of people told us about their feelings on being a 7th grader. This is the daily life of being a 7th grader.

Being a 7th grader it takes time to get ready in the morning. For Mackenzie Glover, it takes her 30 minutes to get ready. 7th grade is also stressful sometimes. Mackenzie said that “it’s stressful because there is way too much homework”. She likes sixth grade better because there’s less homework and less strict teachers.  “In seventh grade, the teachers become more strict and a little meaner,” said Mackenzie.

At our age, it is also hard for people to get up in the morning. Glover said that it is way too hard for her. After school, she plays volleyball, on some days. When she doesn’t have volleyball, she watches YouTube, plays with her, cat Dory, and a whole bunch more. Mackenzie wishes that she could change the amount of homework and where her locker is placed. It is hard for her to get to her locker without being squished or late for the first period because people are in her way why they try to get to their lockers.

Mackenzie is not the only one that thinks getting up in the morning is hard. Lilly Horning also thinks that it is difficult for her to get up. She says that it’s difficult because it is earlier and she has to move fast so that she is on time. It takes her 40 minutes to get up and out the door. Lilly also liked 6th grade better because it is less stressful. “I think that it is stressful because of the homework, getting up and making sure everything is on time. But, at the same time it also isn’t stressful because it’s a lot of fun to see different friends in different classes,”  said Lilly.

She wishes that she could get rid of the homework and that the school runs more smoothly. She thinks that the school is not running as smoothly as they were last year at Bridle Ridge. When Lilly gets home, she does her homework, watches TV, eats dinner, and saves some time to be best friends with her dog.

As you can clearly tell, in 7th grade, there is a lot of homework and it is difficult for seventh graders to get up in the morning. Everybody wishes that they could get rid of the homework, so they would have a little bit of more free time after school. 6th grade is easier because of the nicer teachers, less homework and less stress. Everybody has something different they do after school, but they are all kind of similar, in a way. That is that daily life of being a 7th grader.