Paw Prints

• December 77th and 8th Band Concert @ High School Auditorium 7:30 pm on the 7th of December

• December 77th and 8th Choir Concert @ High School Auditorium 6 pm on the 7th of December

Ryan and Grady Phillips The Twins of SMS

Owen Phillips, SMS

Ryan and Grady are one of the four pairs of twins here at South Middle. Many people here find them absolutely hilarious! For Phillip’s twins, activists go non-stop. They partake in soccer. “Soccer is physical it’s all about working with the team,” says Ryan very proudly.  Grady enjoys playing midfield on the soccer team, “Midfield is very interesting to me.” Although Ryan is on the wing, they still put up a tough fight for the opposing team.

Ryan and Grady also seem to like countless other topics like the Jazz band, Cross Country, Track and they are trying out for the 8th-grade basketball team this season. “I have played in the Jazz Band and our band got a one (A very high rank when it comes to Jazz band competitions). I also performed my solo at the competition.” Ryan really does enjoy playing the trumpet. “I like playing the trumpet because it gives you the freedom to play in any band you want,” said Ryan. Grady, on the other hand, likes playing the saxophone. “Like Ryan said his instrument and mine leaves us with many bands to join,” says Grady happily.  ”When I get to high school, I would like to join the Marching Band,” Ryan said.  

Most people get confused when looking at them and usually ask their younger brother or friend how you tell them apart. Can you give some advice to people who can’t tell you apart yet? They said in almost unison “UGH! This question!” Then, in a much more cheery mood, they said,” You can start by looking at our shoes. Grady wears black shoes while Ryan wears red.” Then, they added that you can look at their hairstyle or just by simply getting to know them, which brought up the next subject.

“I remember when we dressed like each other and went to each other’s classes.   But got stopped by our wise band teacher Mr. McCoy,” Ryan commented. “It was really a lot of fun, with all the teachers saying “Good morning Grady!”

“What occupation do you want to pick up in the future?” Ryan replied with an answer of “I want to be a Soccer player or a plastic surgeon. “With Grady adding “Pilot or a Firefighter.” Everyone that has been around then twins absolutely adores them and can’t wait to see what they do in the future.