Paw Prints

• April 2Preview Day is Monday 8/13 7:35-10:10

• March 26First Day of School Wednesday 8/15

Perfect for the First Time in School History

Back to Article
Back to Article

Madilyn Hocker

This year we had an amazing girls basketball team. The girl’s A team was undefeated 15-0 and won their championship against Summit Lakes Middle School. The whole school understands how close this team is and how hard they have worked this season. The A team has made Ray-Pec East history. The girls have told some little details about their basketball experience. They explained what their favorite parts about basketball and what they are going to miss. Alesia Wallace said, “Probably the championship since we made Ray-Pec East history.” Several of the other girls said that as well because they know that they will have a banner on the gym wall in their honor. Lainey Eve and Makenna Hilbers said they will miss, “ The donuts at 6 am practices, hands down.” The girls were then asked what game was the most memorable. Most of the girls like Hannah Schulze, Jaelyn Glenn and Alyiah Green said the first Lee’s Summit West game they played. They also shared some of the funniest moments that have happened during the season. Makenna Hilbers said, “One girl did the splits! She was on the other team and fell, it was probably one of the funniest things I’ve seen during the season.” Most of the girls talked about funny moments with Coach Renshaw, but there was one story that got their attention. Kierra Hipple and Chloe Adams shared that one time during a game, Lauren Kurtz shot the basketball into the opposing team’s basket. The girls had a good laugh but went on with the game. These girls have worked extremely hard this season and it has definitely payed off. The A team was undefeated and the B team with a score of 11-4. We can’t wait to see them work their hardest next year and hopefully be undefeated as well. We wished the best of luck to this team and it payed off. We hope they all keep getting better and painting memories.