Paw Prints

• April 2School will be in session on 4/2 to make up a snow day.

• March 26No School Spring Break 3/26-3/30

Opinions on the top NBA teams

Jacob Brenner

The NBA season just started recently. The most well-known franchises and new rosters and how they fare this year is on every fan’s mind. First, let’s talk about the warriors. The Warriors got superstar small forward Kevin Durant to sign in July. The Warrior’s roster, with all these superstars, Klay Thompson, Steph Curry, Draymond Green, and now Kevin Durant, are expected to be a guaranteed championship this year, but nothing is certain.

The Los Angeles Lakers, are much better off without Kobe as now they can work as a team, instead of work as Kobe. The Lakers have lots of young talent on the team and have a lot of potential this year and in upcoming years. The Lakers have a chance to at least make the first round of the playoffs this year if they continue to work as a team and keep the other superstar teams at bay.

The New York Knicks got a pretty significant change in the roster this year. They got Derrick Rose, the 2011 MVP. Rose has stated in an interview that the Knicks could go undefeated.They obviously aren’t undefeated and was a pretty bold statement. Although the Knicks have a pretty solid roster containing Superstar Carmelo Anthony, Past MVP Derrick Rose, and power forward Kristaps Porzingis, they also have a chance to be in the playoffs. However, them making it to the finals is very slim, as Derrick Rose might just get injured again and be out the whole season. Rose hasn’t been the same since he won MVP in 2011.

The Cleveland Cavs. 2015 NBA finals winners. The team that came back and won when the Warriors had a 3-1 lead. This roster is legendary. This team, as well as the rest of the Cleveland teams, has been through a championship win drought. But this roster has brought this team out of the drought. Lebron James, Finals MVP, star small forward. This man has turned this team around completely. Him combining with the amazing handles and three-point shooting of Kyrie Irving and you have yourself a championship winning team. They have a very large chance to be back in the finals, and almost guaranteed playoff team. I would say guaranteed, but nothing is ever completely certain.

The Philadelphia 76ers are a purely young team. The young players have a lot of potential for later years in the league. They don’t deserve all the crap they get for being bad; the team doesn’t have any huge superstars anymore since Allen Iverson retired. The starting roster for the team is the center Joel Embiid, power forward Dario Saric, shooting guard Gerald Henderson, small forward Robert Covington and point guard Sergio Rodriguez. The chances of the team making it to the playoffs let alone the finals is very low. That doesn’t mean they never will with this roster, but they just need some more experience in the league and sign some good players, and they would be set.

The last team I would like to talk about is the Milwaukee Bucks. Giannis Antetokounmpo is an absolute stud. He’s signed a four-year $100 million contract. Giannis has averaged the highest points in almost all of the Bucks stats out of all the other players. This dude is going to take the Bucks places. Currently, he is averaging 21.8 points per game, 5.8 assists, 8.5 rebounds per game. The Bucks roster consists of Giannis Antetokounmpo, Matthew Dellavedova, Thon Maker, John Henson, Malcolm Brogdon and Michael Beasley.